The AWA logo means that our farm meets the standards of this third party certification: “Animals are raised outdoors on pasture or range on true family farms with the ‘most stringent’ welfare standards according to the World Society for the Protection of Animals.”
Providing grass fed beef is our specialty. We sell everything from grass-fed natural ground beef by the pound to half and whole grass-fed cows, from our family farm to your family’s table.
Our beef and pork are available regularly at these outlets in Chattanooga, Birmingham, AL and Sewanee, TN:
- Main Street Farmer’s Market: corner of Main and Williams Streets, Wednesdays 4-6pm, Downtown Chattanooga (frozen cuts of beef sold directly by the farm, bulk orders also delivered)
- Brainerd Farmers Market: corner of Brainerd Rd and Belvoir Ave, Saturdays (ONCE A MONTH), pre-ordered packages available as well as individual cuts. Please click HERE to see the next date
- Cumberland Farmer’s Market : Web orders » (pick-up weekly on Tuesdays at the Sewanee Community Center – frozen cuts of beef available)
- On-Farm Trading Post: All of our meats are sold year-round here at the farm. Call ahead for availability and appointment. (423) 942-9201
- Birmingham Pepper Place Saturday Market: One Saturday per month (April – Dec) Pre-orders available, click here for more information.
- Atlanta Morningside Farmers Market
Our beef and pork are served by fine chefs around our region. Ask your favorite locally-owned restaurant to contact us for information about wholesale availability & delivery.
We deliver monthly meat packages to:
- Atlanta, GA
- Birmingham, AL
- Chattanooga, TN
|Chattanooga/Farm Order Form »||Atlanta/Birmingham Order Form »|
Our cows spend their entire lives grazing in open Tennessee pastures.
We have slowly been breeding a herd of cows that thrive in the Tennessee hills and rolling green pastures. They are never confined to feedlots and fed grain. If you are not familiar with our grass-fed beef you need to give this a try.
For bulk beef orders, please call Kelsey Keener 423-802-0516
- Half beef with all cuts – $3.55 /lb
(hanging wt, average 250 lb.)
- Whole beef with all cuts – $3.55 /lb
(hanging wt, average 500 lb.)
Rib Eye Steak
Chuck & Shoulder Roasts
Top Round (London Broil)
Sirloin Tip Roast
Soup Bones with Meat
Butcher & Flank Steaks
About Hanging Weight
The price is based on the hanging weight, and includes cutting, wrapping and freezing. The hanging weight is the weight of the meat while it is naturally aging in the meat locker. Once the meat is cut and packaged into individual cuts the loss of the fat, bones and other trim amounts to about 35 to 45 % of the hanging weight. So the actual take home weight of a 500 pound hanging weight will be around 285 pounds.
A whole beef weighing around 500 pounds will take up around 10 to 14 cubic feet of freezer space.
Filed under: Grass Fed Beef on October 6th, 2009 | Comments Off
The Main Street Market is All about Good and Tasty Food, A Healthy Community and Thriving Farmers.
Bring your friends and neighbors, the Main Street Farmers Market needs you and you need our food! – Vote for local farms – Buy Local – Together we can create our own digestive stimulus package and create out of sunshine, rain and food the community we want to live in.
Wednesdays, from 4:00 – 6:00 pm
On Main St Between Market and Broad, on the Corner of Main & Williams, across from Hiroshi’s Sushi, Downtown Chattanooga on the South Side.
Thanks to Pete Boubel, our beloved CSA work-share member with tons of creativity and talent, for this wonderful video of the Chattanooga’s Main Street Farmer’s Market… pass it on to your friends & family!
Hope to see you there next week!