The AWA logo means that our farm meets the standards of this third party certification: “Animals are raised outdoors on pasture or range on true family farms with the ‘most stringent’ welfare standards according to the World Society for the Protection of Animals.”
Sequatchie Cove Farm brings pork raised in the woods and pastures of our family farm to your family’s table. You can buy this free-range, rare breed pork and feel great about your purchase… and the flavor!
Our beef and pork are available regularly at these outlets in Chattanooga, Birmingham, AL and Sewanee, TN:
- Main Street Farmer’s Market: corner of Main and Williams Streets, Wednesdays 4-6pm, Downtown Chattanooga (frozen cuts of beef sold directly by the farm, bulk orders also delivered)
- Brainerd Farmers Market: corner of Brainerd Rd and Belvoir Ave, Saturdays (ONCE A MONTH), pre-ordered packages available as well as individual cuts. Please click HERE to see the next date
- Cumberland Farmer’s Market : Web orders » (pick-up weekly on Tuesdays at the Sewanee Community Center – frozen cuts of beef available)
- On-Farm Trading Post: All of our meats are sold year-round here at the farm. Call ahead for availability and appointment. (423) 942-9201
- Birmingham Pepper Place Saturday Market: One Saturday per month (April – Dec) Pre-orders available, click here for more information.
- Atlanta Morningside Farmers Market
Our beef and pork are served by fine chefs around our region. Ask your favorite locally-owned restaurant to contact us for information about wholesale availability & delivery.
We deliver monthly meat packages to:
- Atlanta, GA
- Birmingham, AL
- Chattanooga, TN
|Chattanooga/Farm Order Form »||Atlanta/Birmingham Order Form »|
If you like pork you will be in for a real treat. Our rare breeds (Gloucestershire Old Spots, Red Waddle, Ossabaw, and Large Lop Eared Blacks) are known for more fat and more flavor than any other breed out there. There are very few of these pigs left anywhere in the world and we are pleased to be able to offer the pork for you. We feed our pigs only organic grain, whey & cheese from our dairy.
For special orders, call Kelsey Keener (423.802.0516)
- Half Hog – All cuts – $3.15 /lb (based on hanging weight, average 100 lb)
- Whole Hog – all cuts – $3.15 /lb (based on hanging weight, average 200 lb)
- Spare Ribs
- Fresh Ham Roast
- Loin Roast
- Ground Pork
- Ham Hocks
- Shoulder Roast
- Link Sausage & Bacon (produced by Link 41 in Chattanooga, TN)
About Hanging Weight
The price is based on the hanging weight, and includes cutting, wrapping and freezing. The hanging weight is the weight of the meat while it is naturally aging in the meat locker. Once the meat is cut and packaged into individual cuts the loss of the fat, bones and other trim amounts to about 35 to 45 % of the hanging weight. So the actual take home weight of a 200 pound hanging weight will be around 110 pounds.
A whole hog weighing around 200 pounds will take up around 6 to 9 cubic feet of freezer space.
Filed under: Rare Breed Pork on October 6th, 2009 | Comments Off
We raise Old Spots, Red Waddles, Large Blacks and Ossawbaw pigs, all rare and all known for their superior flavor.
Our heritage breed pork is raised in the woods surrounding our pastures. Free to roam and root around, our pigs live happily and naturally.
Filed under: Rare Breed Pork on May 8th, 2009 | Comments Off
The Main Street Market is All about Good and Tasty Food, A Healthy Community and Thriving Farmers.
Bring your friends and neighbors, the Main Street Farmers Market needs you and you need our food! – Vote for local farms – Buy Local – Together we can create our own digestive stimulus package and create out of sunshine, rain and food the community we want to live in.
Wednesdays, from 4:00 – 6:00 pm
On Main St Between Market and Broad, on the Corner of Main & Williams, across from Hiroshi’s Sushi, Downtown Chattanooga on the South Side.
Thanks to Pete Boubel, our beloved CSA work-share member with tons of creativity and talent, for this wonderful video of the Chattanooga’s Main Street Farmer’s Market… pass it on to your friends & family!
Hope to see you there next week!